VMware Horizon View 5.3 is available for download and can be downloaded at the following location: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/info/slug/desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_horizon_view/5_3.
So what new features are available with version 5.3?
The following features are new to this version:
- 3D graphics with virtual dedicated graphics acceleration (vDGA). This leverages view to use complex 3D graphics in your VDI environment. In combination with vSphere.
- Virtual Shared Graphics Acceleration (vSGA) now supports AMD/ATI graphics cards next to the NVidia cards.
- Improved Real-Time Audio-Video experience and performance. With encoding and compression techniques seriously improving reduction to bandwidth consumption. This enables end users rich communication and collaboration over WAN links. Available in the feature pack.
- Enhancement to mobility features in HTML5 and Unity Touch. Use Blast HTML to provide end users with a mobile workspace experience even when the client is not available. Also available in the feature pack.
- Windows 8.1 support. Support for the latest Windows version as virtual desktop.
- VMware® ThinApp® 5.0. Support for application virtualization of 64-bit applications. The support of 64-applications in VDI environments starts with VMware Horizion View 5.3.
- Manage persistent virtual desktop images with VMware Horizon Mirage™ 4.3. Before 4.3 Mirage was only supported with physical images.
- Virtual SAN or VSAN support. Leverage Virtual SAN for your Horizon View VDI deployments. (maybe a little over done, but Virtual SAN is Beta.).
- Support for Windows Server 2008 as virtual desktop.
- View Agent Direct Connection (VADC). An optional plugin for end user sessions without having to authenticate into a connection server. This let’s your users connect to sessions when a WAN link isn’t available (due to connection problems, poor bandwidth or high latency). Perfect for you mobile workforce.
So go out and download this version if you not already haven’t. Test, plan and update your reference architecture for new deployments with this version.
The updated versions of View, Mirage and Thinapp (etc). are also available via the Horizon suite download link: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/info/slug/desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_horizon_suite/1_0.
– Enjoy delivering a mobile workspace with VMware Horizon!