Installation of trial applications sometimes goes wrong and you will have to remove the extension from vCenter. How will you do that with the web client?
- Go to your Managed Object Browser vCenter URL. That is https://<vcenter fqdn or ip>/mob.
- Logon with vCenter credentials.
- Click on content link in the Contentservice colum.
- Click on ExtensionManager.
- Find your to remove extension in the list. For infrastructure navigator this is com.vmware.vadm. (vadm stands for vCenter Application Discovery Manager which is the predecessor of infrastructure navigator).
- Choose the UnregisterExtension method.
- Fill in the extension name in the string box (in this case com.vmware.vadm).
- Click Invoke Method.
- You will get a response like void. Refresh the extension list to check is it is removed.
You can now browse your infrastructure without the navigator fail messages. Or go and install a licensed version.
– Hope it helps!